Sometimes schools may wish to add parents or members of the P&C as users on their school's Momentum ESR account so that they can view the School Calendar and/or School News.
This can be done by adding the parent or P&C member as a user with "Viewer" only access, which means that whilst they can view the information, they can't edit any information. As a Viewer, they will see the Application tabs such as Attendance; Assessment; Welfare etc - however, as they are not assigned to any classes, they will not see anything even if they click on the Application tabs. Should the school prefer that the Application tabs not show up at all for the "Viewer", that can be done as well with the steps outlined further below.
- Select Admin>General>User Administration
- Select New, located at the bottom right-hand corner of the page
- Fill in the new teacher record fields with the new user’s details. Mandatory fields are First Name, Last Name, Username, Email Address, Password, and Password Again; and assign a level of access from Permission Level. The default permission level is No Access, select Teacher from the Permissions level drop down for teachers only needing access to their class.
- Select Save
- You will then see the newly added user listed in the list of users under Admin>General>User Administration
What are the different levels of access?
- Admin is the highest level of access and gives the user administrative access over all areas of the program. This level of access is normally only assigned to or 1-2 people in the school.
- Executive This is the second highest level of access. This gives the user access to all classes by defaults and allows them to view and modify all classes without access to the administration area.
- Viewer allows the user to view classes they are assigned to but not make any changes.
- No Access removes all access; the user will not be able to log in at all. Teachers that have left the school should be assigned to the No Access level.
---------------------------------------They will now be able to log in and see the Calendar and School News in the Dashboard.
They will also see the application tabs listed but won't have access to any of it as they are not assigned to a class.
If you don't want them even see the Application Tabs on the top such as Attendance; Assessment etc - then you can disable that by doing the following once you have set them up:
Steps to undertake so Viewers can't see the application tabs
- Select the >Admin tab
- Select >Attendance from the left-hand blue menu; and select >Access
- Locate the name of the user that you added; and in the Permission Level, select -No Access
- Repeat steps 1-3 for all the other applications such as Assessment; Welfare; Markbook; Trends and Reports