Admin users can adjust comment length once the framework is in place by doing the following:
Important Note: Please use these instructions to set Comment lengths for Assessment. Setting Comment lengths by class or grade rather than by learning area is under review due to an issue with the comment lengths not being saved correctly.
However, following these instructions will keep your edited comment lengths in place.
- Go to Admin tab and select >Assessment from the left-hand menu
- Select -Comment Lengths
- IMPORTANT: Keep the default selection of CLASS and GRADE as “All”
- Select the -Learning Area ONLY
- Fill in any missing comment lengths or make any adjustments you want in the same screen with all classes and all grades listed
- If you want to set a hard limit on the comment lengths, then select the checkbox under -Limit
- A “hard” limit means that teachers will receive a warning and they will not able to save any characters in excess of the set limit
- If you don’t want to set a hard limit on the comment lengths, then leave the checkbox under -Limit, unchecked
- This means that teachers will receive a warning but they will be able to continue with their comment in excess of the set limit
- Select -Save at the bottom right-hand side of the screen to save your changes