If you're using the Department's ebs central system for attendance, you can import the absences into Assessment for your reports.
Step 1: Download absences from ebs
- Log into Momentum ESR and select the Admin tab
- Select the 3PI menu and select Download Absences (ebs)
- Put the in the Start date and End date for the period of absences that you want to import
- Select Download Absences data (please note that this in not instantaneous, as the absences data is being imported from the Department's 3PI servers where the absences need to be collated and then sent to us - it might take 5-7 minutes)
- Once the absences file has been compiled and downloaded from the Department's 3PI server; and you get a message saying that the download has been completed; then proceed with the following steps to import the absences into the school reports
Step 2: Update the absences in Assessment for your printed reports
- Still in the Admin tab, go to Assessment menu in the left-hand blue menu
- Select Update Absences
- On the screen on the right, select Latest absences data from ebs as your Source, by clicking on the circle next to it
- Leave the default settings as they are, and select Update Absences in the bottom right-hand corner
- Once your absences have been updated, you can then go into a class as a teacher would; by selecting Assessment tab on the top horizontal tabs; and pick any year and class and check under Additional Info - Days Absent. You will see the whole and partial absences listed here. The teacher can edit the absences here if he/she wish to do so as well.
Error when downloading absences from 3PI
If you get a screen with red text showing the student SRN (student codes) in red and "X errors" (X being a number), it means that there are students in the Department's 3PI data that aren't listed in your school's account in Momentum ESR
How do I resolve the errors in red?
To resolve this issue, run the sync with the Department's 3PI server and update the students. Once the students are updated, you can re-run Steps 1 and 2 listed above.
How do I run the sync with the Department's 3PI server?
- Select the Admin tab
- Select the 3PI menu and select Upload School Data and on the right-hand side of the screen, select -Synchronise with DoE and let the process run
- Once that process is completed, whilst still in the Admin tab; under 3PI select Update Students and then on the right-hand side of the screen, select -Update Students
- The process Analysing Student Data will start; and once that's completed, you'll get a screen called Verify Student Data with three tabs New Update Deactivate
- Select the checkbox next to the tab heading NEW to select all new students listed
- The second tab heading UPDATE shows any changes to the students already in your school's Momentum ESR account - Do NOT select all students, only select students whose records you need to update by selecting the check box next to their name with your mouse. If you're running this process at the time of printing reports, just ignore this tab as you may move students out of their classes
- The last tab heading DEACTIVATE shows any students that are no longer at your school and need to be made inactive. Again if you're running this process at the time of printing reports, just ignore this tab as you may move students out of their classes
- Select -Apply Changes and any new students that weren't in your school's account will be added into your school's account in Momentum ESR
- Once the Update Students process has been completed, you can then run Step 1: Download absences from ebs and Step 2: Update the absences in Assessment for your printed reports
I get an error message when trying to run sync with the Department's 3PI server
This means either your password for 3PI has expired and needs to be renewed OR the new password just needs to be updated in Momentum ESR
How do I update our school's 3PI password?
- Select the Admin tab
- Select the 3PI menu and select Update 3PI Password
- The nominated school contacts for 3PI in your school would have received a text message from the Department with a password of letters and numbers which looks something like this: C8X*FERbFJsmn2KKsyHA
- Copy and paste or type in the password in the -Update 3PI Password fields and select Update You may need to re-type or re-paste the password in again if you don't see a message saying that the password has been updated
- Once the password has been updated, under the same 3PI menu on the left-hand side, you can select -Upload School Data to run the sync with the Department's 3PI server
I don't have the 3PI password
If you don't have the password, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know that you need the password updated. We'll log into the Department's vendor portal and retrieve the password for you